You Will Get a Vaccination Card With Your COVID-19 Vaccine

You Will Get a Vaccination Card With Your COVID-19 Vaccine

CDC image: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/images/vaccine-injection.jpg
    Listen to this article

Kids get vaccination cards so parents can keep track of vaccines for personal knowledge, but also for schools. It makes sense, especially when they get older and you don’t need vaccines every single yearly checkup.

Adults get to join the party with a COVID-19 vaccine, but something tells me it’s not going to be as innocent as a child’s vaccine card.

“When their next dose is due.”

The CDC website says, “All but one of the COVID-19 vaccines currently in Phase 3 clinical trials in the United States need two shots to be effective. The other COVID-19 vaccine uses one shot.”

So why does the piece of paper have more than 2 slots? We all know what it means!

“Show us your papers.”

We’re not stupid. The COVID-19 vaccine card is to show that you received your vaccine. Immunization Action Coalition’s associate director Dr. Kelly Moore insists the card is the “simplest” way for people “to keep track of Covid-19 shots.” From CNN:

“Everyone will be issued a written card that they can put in their wallet that will tell them what they had and when their next dose is due,” Moore said. “Let’s do the simple, easy thing first. Everyone’s going to get that.”

Vaccination clinics will also be reporting to their state immunization registries what vaccine was given, so that, for example, an entity could run a query if it didn’t know where a patient got a first dose.

Moore said many places are planning to ask patients to voluntarily provide a cell phone number, so they can get a text message telling them when and where their next dose is scheduled to be administered.

“Voluntarily.” Yeah, you’re not getting my cell number. I don’t need you to text me if I have a stupid card.

Slippery slope.

How much do you want to bet that Big Government will require us plebians to carry this around? How about papers for flu, pneumonia, measles, polio, DTaP, mumps, chickenpox, meningitis, etc?

My body, my choice? Nope! You want to do anything you have to get this vaccine and you have to prove it to everyone.

Gee, I wonder what will happen to a private business owner who refuses to check vaccine cards before allowing patrons into the building. We’ve seen videos of cops arresting and handing out fines to business owners who do not follow social distancing rules.

It is different if a private business owner chooses to require the card in order to enter the premises. The government should not force them.

Look, I honestly do not understand why people choose not to get vaccines. Before I got rheumatoid arthritis, Sjorgen’s, and lupus I got the flu shot every year. Of course, I didn’t last year, and I ended up with pneumonia.

HOWEVER! I can understand the hesitancy, especially since the vaccine came out in such a short time. My rheumatologist told me she won’t give me the vaccine until she knows how it affects people with autoimmune disorders. Did you know I cannot get updated on most vaccines like measles? Those contain a live virus so I would *litrally* give myself the measles since my immune system cannot fight it.

Even with tests and authorization, people (especially those in government) have to remember we are not robots. Not everyone is the same. I know there are legit reasons why people cannot take certain vaccines. Those with an egg allergy cannot have the flu shot.

I also have to say that pointing out facts does not mean we diminish or don’t care about those who passed away with COVID-19. It has a 99% survival rate. Once our immune systems have the exposure it can build antibodies and figure out ways to fight it. That does not apply to me, but you don’t see me panicking and putting my life on hold.

This is the only document you should ever need:

Comments

CommoChief | December 3, 2020 at 7:41 pm

IMO, this is much ado about nothing. You want a vaccine, ok; you don’t want a vaccine ok.

My military medical record lists every inoculation by type, date, series and so forth. The beloved anthrax vaccine was a series of six or seven as I recall. This is a tracking mechanism for the user developed in response to an ass chewing when initially briefed, at least that’s how it seems to me.

Y’all are giving the govt way too much credit. Remember not to ascribe to evil intent what can be explained as benign incompetence. The anti malarial drug they had us taking in the sandbox, mefloquine, once a week was later discontinued due to side effects.

My point is don’t expect to be asked for your Rona card in daily life. Your employer might but that’s not the same as the Karen from your HoA or the Sheriff.

tphillip in reply to CommoChief. | December 3, 2020 at 9:10 pm

“You guys are reading way too much into this. IMO, someone got tasked to figure out distribution and tracking for the follow on final dose. The card is the result. ”

And it will never ever be abused in any way, and the safeguards put in place will punish any abuse.

Like the illegal database of 4473 forms created by the ATF that the pinkie swear they deleted after getting caught. Or the bullying and intimidation of pistol permit holders by the media and activist. Or intimidation of voters thanks to voter databases. Or DMV databases across the nation used to stalk individuals by civil servants and law enforcement.

Nope. This time they’ll get it right.

LibraryGryffon in reply to CommoChief. | December 3, 2020 at 9:10 pm

Given the number of people who have demanded to know what my medical condition is which precludes me wearing a mask, (and how badly they take my telling them that they have no right to ask and I have no legal responsibility to tell them), I can see a lot of people demanding to see the vaccination card, even if they don’t have the right or any reason to. And they’ll demand medical proof that you can’t get vaccinated, and still refuse you entrance to the building or gathering even with said medical proof that the vaccine would kill you.

tphillip | December 3, 2020 at 9:22 pm

“Look, I honestly do not understand why people choose not to get vaccines.”

Really? It took 40 years to et the Polio vaccine right so it wouldn’t kill people. Vaccines similar to the one for SARS-COV-2 have a tendency to kill their patients before the disease could.

Hell, your “safe” flu shot increases your chances for Guillain-Barré syndrome dramatically. And no one knows why after nearly 50 years.

But hey, if you want to become a beta tester and risk your long term health for a vaccine against a disease that is less deadly than Pneumonia (According to CDC’s own stats) I’m not going to stop you.

You can be the test bed for the long term effects and issues with the vaccine. We salute you for your sacrifice in the name of a vaccine that isn’t really needed and will be relatively worthless in a few years as the viruses mutate.

randian in reply to tphillip. | December 3, 2020 at 11:43 pm

Two of the three covid vaccines are mRNA vaccines, which historically have high rates of induced autoimmune diseases. That’s why such vaccines have never met FDA approval before. I don’t know why they do now, if the autoimmune problem had been licked I would expect the manufacturers to sing it to the rooftops. It would be a major medical breakthrough, after all. They are instead mysteriously silent.

DSHornet | December 3, 2020 at 9:57 pm

Lots of posts from people who cite sometimes questionable and often explainable “statistics” as an excuse not to be vaccinated. Decades to get the polio vaccine right? That’s news. Since when and who said? Guillain-Barre syndrome? For how many people?

From the viewpoint of someone who has been poked with vaccinations since the 1950’s, all I can think is a little “knowledge” can lead to a lot of misinformation.

Bunch of pussies.

Mac45 in reply to DSHornet. | December 3, 2020 at 11:06 pm

The internet is awash in statistic s surrounding vaccines, and the history of vaccines. So, if you want to know anything about them, they are a few keystrokes away.

Now, something to think about. If vaccines are so safe, why did the US Congress not only provide liability protection for vaccine manufacturers but set up a separate vaccine court to hear any cases which were accepted? Also, $4.4 billion dollars were awarded in damages from 2006 through 2017 for vaccine claims.

The benefits of vaccinations have to be weighed on a case-by-case basis by each individual. And, for some people the potential cure is worse than the disease. In the case of a disease which is only from .01-.04% fatal, I would be leery of taking a vaccine with a very limited testing period.

LibraryGryffon in reply to Mac45. | December 3, 2020 at 11:39 pm

Indeed. And I say this as someone who has only missed the flu shot twice in the last 20 years. Because the first year I couldn’t get it, I got flu, then pneumonia, and then pleurisy, was off work for a good month, and nowhere near 100% for several months after that. (Which is why I laugh when people say “But Covid can take months to get over!” They obviously have never had real flu or pneumonia if they think those are a week in bed and then it’s like nothing ever happened.)

I worked at a casino through March, whose primary customers came from the NYC area and from east Asia. Our housemate still works there. None of us have gotten sick this year, except for the housemate getting a nasty non-Covid URI due to being required to wear a cloth mask 8 hours a day.

Only about 20% of the folks on the Diamond Princess even got infected, far fewer really sick or dead, in an environment which pretty much guarantees you’ll get whatever is there to be got, illness-wise. I believe the figures on the Roosevelt for not infected at all were even lower. I’m not particularly worried.

DSHornet in reply to Mac45. | December 3, 2020 at 11:45 pm

Point made, but what explains the messages refuting those statistics? It’s hard to know which is true and which not. Truth lies somewhere in between the extremes of safe/not safe, but there is no such thing as completely safe.

Liability protection is a direct result of our litigious society. “I’ll sue!” is often the cry of the one who wants to mine deep pockets and get something for nothing. It’s hard to disprove a vaccine liability claim so the manufacturers settle to avoid the hassle and bad publicity.

Nobody should be forced or coerced into taking the Wu Flu vaccine but those who refuse, citing their “rights,” often fail to consider the real rights of the people around them who depend on them not to spread the virus. If an infected, unvaccinated, asymptomatic thirty-year-old passes the infection to his eighty-year-old grandmother, how proud will he be of his “right” to refuse vaccination? Not very proud, we would hope.

LibraryGryffon in reply to DSHornet. | December 3, 2020 at 11:54 pm

I’ve seen a fair bit of research suggesting that there really is no asymptomatic, just pre-symptomatic. The asymptomatic folks are those where they’ve run so many cycles on the test that it can pick up a ‘dead’ bit of a coronavirus (not necessarily this one) and at such minute levels in the ‘patient’ that they could not possibly be infectious.

If the Covid tests were run at the same number of cycles as comparable tests for other viruses, most of the ‘positives’ would have been negative.

LibraryGryffon in reply to LibraryGryffon. | December 3, 2020 at 11:56 pm

Dang. Meant to say that the asymptomatic folks who never get sick, are those whose levels of virus are such that they cannot be infectious and should never have received a positive test result in the first place.

randian in reply to LibraryGryffon. | December 3, 2020 at 11:58 pm

In March Fauci was saying that asymptomatic people play no significant role in pandemics. Now he’s claiming that asymptomatic people play a major role in the spread of covid.

Better print out a few and fill them out.

If you have 15 to 20 million people who are here illegally and have no id or other documentation to prove who they are and who do not obey the law how are you going to implement a program requiring everyone to obey the law?

LibraryGryffon in reply to UserP. | December 3, 2020 at 11:40 pm

I’m sure they’ll find a way to formally excuse the “undocumented”, just as the political elite aren’t required to abide by any of their own rules either.