Biden Tells CNN He’s Down for a 100-Day Mask Mandate

Biden Tells CNN He’s Down for a 100-Day Mask Mandate

Listen to this article

Talking to CNN’s Jake Tapper, Biden indicated he’d have us all in masks for 100 days.

As if we haven’t all been masked up since March?

From CNN:

President-elect Joe Biden told CNN’s Jake Tapper on Thursday that he will ask Americans to wear masks for his first 100 days after he takes office, in a sign of how Biden’s approach to the virus will be dramatically different to President Donald Trump’s response.

“Just 100 days to mask, not forever. 100 days. And I think we’ll see a significant reduction,” Biden told Tapper during his first joint interview with Vice President-elect Kamala Harris since winning the election. The full interview will air at 9 p.m. ET.

Biden said that where he has authority, like in federal buildings or in interstate transportation on airplanes and buses, he will issue a standing order that masks must be worn. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that wearing a mask can help protect the both the person wearing the mask and those around them from transmitting the virus.

Biden also said he has asked Dr. Anthony Fauci to be a chief medical adviser and part of his Covid-19 response team when his administration begins next year.
Biden said the conversation happened on Thursday afternoon. CNN reported earlier in the day that Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a member of President Donald Trump’s coronavirus task force, had a planned meeting with Biden’s transition team.
Starting a term with a federal mandate seems about par for the course for the statist camp.

Comments

2smartforlibs | December 3, 2020 at 7:03 pm

The science would be the Swedish reaction and a Denmark study. Not the totalitarian left.

More or less expected. A completely ineffective and over-the-top “solution” to a minor problem, intended to show us who’s in charge.

Milhouse | December 3, 2020 at 7:08 pm

If it’s only in federal buildings and facilities that the fedgov already regulates, then I can’t see any encroachment on our liberties, any more than when any property owner makes rules for its property.

Nor can I see much change, since as far as I know those places have required masks all along.

But no, we haven’t all been masked since March, not everywhere. Many of us refuse to wear them where we’re not legally required to, e.g. on the street. And although state governors can impose such a requirement under the state’s general police power, the president can’t, because the courts have been clear that the USA has no police power.

henrybowman | December 3, 2020 at 9:30 pm

“If it’s only in federal buildings and facilities that the fedgov already regulates, then I can’t see any encroachment on our liberties”

There’s a fine line between overoptimism and naivete.

The lockdown is only for two week to flatten the curve- remember that outrageous lie?

Cloth masks are to Coronavirus like cloth underwear is to a fart.

Not the least bit effective.

I don’t understand why this theatre has gone on for so long in the name of “science”

Look at biden, and all you can see is an embezzling traitor of historic proportions.

Look at AG Barr and all you can see is a hack selling out his country by flying interference for an embezzling traitor of historic proportions.

And we thought hillary clinton was as bad as it gets. She’s a piker in comparison.

Arminius | December 3, 2020 at 11:59 pm

I used to have a mosquito problem in the back yard.

So I put up a chain link fence. Problem solved. No mosquitoes are getting through that barrier.

Not surprising. The Harris regime needs credit for “solving” the Wuflu crisis. So a 100-day mask mandate (100% unenforceable and likely unconstitutional) and then the Joseph Goebbels media will report – miracle of miracles! – that the Communists have cured the disease and will cease reporting on the daily death count.

I am old enough to remember when William Jefferson Clinton “cured” homelessness the same way. The media suddenly stopped reporting on the topic after he won the 1992 election.

rustyshamrock | December 3, 2020 at 7:18 pm

I’ve been around for draft-card burning, and bra-burning… I say it’s time for mask-burning!

2 weeks to flatten the curve???????????????
How many weeks ago was that?

When mask mandates first started, people went along with the because they sounded sensible and they were supposed to be temporary. But they have become a permanent feature as politicians keep adding more and more restrictions. The rules are so arbitrary and unfair that people long ago started to flaunt them. Then there came the flood of politicians and health bureaucrats caught violating their own mandates. And so now they have lost all credibility.

Here in LA County, the blow back from citizens is growing so fast that cities are setting up their own health departments to break away from the LA County communists. The central planning is breaking down as cities, more accountable to the people, are taking away their power.

So today, Warden Newsom more than hinted at his plans to ban travel entirely How exactly would that work? Closing the borders at the stateline? The point is that they are tightening the screws by stripping of our remaining liberties. We will quickly turn into something worse than Venezuela if we don’t step up the blow back.

It will be very interesting to see if the recall petition gains momentum after today’s insane threats by the Warden. The GOP should be aggressively setting up shop here in CA. There is a lot of low-hanging fruit ripe to be picked. Start running candidates and recall campaigns right now. I’ll sign them all and I am not the only one by far.

alaskabob | December 3, 2020 at 7:31 pm

Newsom did call California a “Nation/State”.

Newsom lives in his own universe. The one-party system has so over-played its hand that even Democrat voters are signing his recall petition. Don’t believe the polls. People are really fed up. We are at the breaking point. No one is going to obey these new restrictions. We stopped obeying them long ago and the July 4 fireworks spelled the end of “conformity”.

We all know that the unconstitutional restrictions are unenforceable and the politicians know it. Fake Doctor Barbara Ferrer even admitted it last week. If they start cracking down by arresting and fining people, more and more people will refuse to pay the fines and then win in court.

Then it’s game on as we head into elections and the inevitable 2022 Democratic Party bloodbath. Of course, the Republican Party has to stop circling the wagons in protecting the Dems.

henrybowman | December 3, 2020 at 9:35 pm

20 years ago, I was thunderstruck by a lecture by a park ranger at Sutter Mill in which he let slip the factoid that “California has the third-largest economy of all the nations on Earth.” Or some such similar claim, the zinger being that he naturally considered California as a sovereign peer to actual nations.

Fauci reminds of Biden. Long career. Any real accomplishments?

bigskydoc | December 3, 2020 at 7:35 pm

Who, exactly, will enforce such a mandate?

Same question I ask of the people insisting our local health board enact a mask mandate. 1 – Why would people be any more likely to comply with a local mandate than the existing sate mandate? 2 – Who will enforce such a mandate?

In the vein of “nothing happens apart from the will of God”, I find it amusing not long after the election, God gave Joe the boot.

😉 😀

That devolved old fool has no idea what he is talking about but he would love it so long as he can reflect in a mirror and inflict his ignorance, in front of an audience.

Every dog has his day. Joe is a shovel ready project. Roadkill exceeds the value of Joe’s degradation of democracy.

Buzzards will not fly over the Capitol when Joe defiles the Rotunda.

Dusty Pitts | December 3, 2020 at 8:48 pm

There there Joe. Eat your lime jello and don’t interrupt the grown-ups, okay?

Taxpayer | December 3, 2020 at 8:51 pm

Biden removes his mask to cough in his hand..

Second, he was wearing it wrong, with his only his mouth covered, and not his nose.. third, then placing his now germ-ridden hand on the podium

Like any flu, the Covid/China flu will be around forever. Useful idiots like hollywood idiots would fall for this incredible scam, but not most of America.

History will show 2016 to 2020 as the four-year ongoing scam – that led to America disintegrating into several parts.

henrybowman | December 3, 2020 at 9:37 pm

Your two weeks was over months ago, Joe. Shut up and concentrate on your physical therapy.

SpaceInvader | December 3, 2020 at 9:41 pm

I used to say that if China nuked DC then thousands of good people would be killed. I thought that with millions of people in DC that this was a clever way of saying that much of DC is corrupt. Now, if DC was nuked I say that dozens of good people would be killed. Every day I’m disappointed that those who claim to represent us do so little to represent us.

DSHornet | December 3, 2020 at 10:40 pm

Kind of like Abraham interceding for Sodom with God? Genesis 18 tells us about it. In his case he was speaking of fifty, then forty five, then thirty, than only ten righteous men. We all know what happened.

Maybe the city of Washington wouldn’t fare any better.

nordic_prince | December 3, 2020 at 10:08 pm

“Only 100 days”…
…then another hundred…
…and another….

It’s all pure bullshit. Superstitious pseudoscience from the same bunch trying to tell us that swapping your gender/sex is nothing more than “self-identifying” as the opposite sex.

Both ignore real science; both ignore basic, freshmen-level biology.

In many areas over the summer we had mass gatherings for protests and riots yet we didn’t have a spike in cases. As the riots and protests went away and people spent more time indoors the case count is spiking.
Any insights as to why?

Sally MJ | December 3, 2020 at 11:21 pm

Because he doesn’t have to do anything.
Biden’s sure looking worse. It’s always a good move in your honeymoon period to tell Americans that you think Another quarter million Americans could die of Covid before the end of the year. Meaning in less than 30 days. Even though it took 10 months to reach the first quarter million.

There’s no way Biden would ever have come up with the Warp Speed covid vaccination development program. Biden would have listened to the experts tell him that a vaccine would take four years.

Sally MJ | December 3, 2020 at 11:25 pm

Nothing like starting his first hundred days by being punitive to the American people. I see a rapidly decreasing favorability rate. And his honeymoon might be over before the end of it.

And you know he will fine people! Taxes,

GFY, Joe.

And I think we’ll see a significant reduction

Of course we will. Just crank down the excessive PCR amplification cycles being used to test for covid and you can have any reduction you want. Get rid of the 20% Medicare bonus for covid cases and watch recorded deaths drop like a stone. Hail Biden for saving us!

david7134 | December 3, 2020 at 11:54 pm

It takes becoming president first. And that is not happening.

We’ve had a mask mandate for 7 months. Our numbers are now 10 times higher than they were over the summer. Not only that, we now have old people standing in line for 30 minutes to an hour just to get in the grocery store in 20-30 degree temps. The only time there are no lines is after 8PM and then, you take your chances at finding anything you need because they don’t restock until the stores close at 10PM. This is life under Michelle Lujan Grisham, one of the members of Biden’s transition team and rumored to be the top pick for HHS. I can’t wait to get rid of her and inflict her on the rest of the nation.

Arminius | December 4, 2020 at 2:08 am

It pays to increase your word power. Today’s word is “gundecking.” Gundecking is when someone falsifies a maintenance procedure. It started out as a strictly naval term but I hear it’s used more widely. And if any of you were ever in the service you know falsifying a maintenance procedure involves creating a fake paper trail (or, obviously, the computer equivalent which is a lot harder).

Pro tip. If you’re going to create a fake paper trail and the leading petty officer whose signature is on the chit died three days earlier while on leave in Istanbul because he and his girl friend were using a charcoal grill to heat the apartment we’re going to notice (every time I think I have a good imagination reality tells me to “hold my beer”).

That’s one kind of fraud. The Navy loses a jet and inevitably the investigation reveals things like people taking short cuts, then trying to later make it look like they didn’t.

Another kind of fraud involves people sharing credentials to access secure information. I unfortunately had the distasteful duty of exposing some of my foreign national counterparts who had been granted access to U.S. national security information, and then shared it with their people who we hadn’t granted access. I’m being vague, perhaps misleading, and probably doing a piss poor job of throwing anyone off the trail. I’m doing this to protect the guilty. Who were good people but they played fast and loose with our trust.

I’m trying manfully to avoid going off on the multiple tangents that constantly present themselves. Hillary Clinton? Who wasn’t good people. I ruined friends career (I tell myself he ruined his own career because all he had to do was play by the rules which are not mere rules but laws at least for U.S. persons) for less.

At this point you may be forgiven for wondering, “Is there a point?” Yes. I’ve been peripherally involved in fraud investigations More importantly, when I was dragged into these investigations I worked with professional fraud investigators.

I could be written off as a rank partisan. And I’m sure I will be. But based on the few fraud investigations I’ve been a part of, and based on my contacts who were professional fraud investigators there is no way in Hell Joe Biden won this election.

There are like two dozen red flags. Your credit card company would put a hold on your card for any three of them. I don’t know of any fraud investigation that had even five of these red flags that popped up, and didn’t lead to fraud.

And we have more than twenty.

Arminius | December 4, 2020 at 2:16 am

I an sure I’m not using the word fraud in a strict legal sense. I’m using it loosely to mean lying or misrepresenting a fact to gain an advantage.