Report: Trump Wants to Form Digital Media Empire to Compete With Fox News
More and more people have flocked to Newsmax TV and One America News.
Listen to this article
Axios reported that President Donald Trump wants to form a digital media empire to take on Fox News.
The president has expressed frustration with Fox News since the election when the station called Arizona early for Joe Biden.
.@FoxNews daytime ratings have completely collapsed. Weekend daytime even WORSE. Very sad to watch this happen, but they forgot what made them successful, what got them there. They forgot the Golden Goose. The biggest difference between the 2016 Election, and 2020, was @FoxNews!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 12, 2020
Here’s Trump’s plan, according to the source:
- There’s been lots of speculation about Trump starting a cable channel. But getting carried on cable systems would be expensive and time-consuming.
- Instead, Trump is considering a digital media channel that would stream online, which would be cheaper and quicker to start.
- Trump’s digital offering would likely charge a monthly fee to MAGA fans. Many are Fox News viewers, and he’d aim to replace the network — and the $5.99-a-month Fox Nation streaming service, which has an 85% conversion rate from free trials to paid subscribers — as their top destination.
Trump’s database of email and cellphone contacts would be a huge head start.
- Trump’s lists are among the most valuable in politics — especially his extensive database of cellphone numbers for text messages.
Axios is told Trump may use vote-count rallies to undercut Fox.
- “He’s going to spend a lot of time slamming Fox,” the source said.
Newsmax TV’s viewership has skyrocketed since the election with many people choosing the station over Fox. The company also saw a spike in downloads for its app and a lot more visits to its website:
Fox News viewers appear to be deserting the network in droves as they tune into Newsmax TV.
Nielsen data confirms the trend in the post-election period last week.
During Wednesday through Friday last week, Newsmax TV led Fox Business and CNBC in all key day parts.
Newsmax is also seeing a terrific surge across its media properties, starting with its cable and satellite news channel. OTT viewership of the channel is also up on devices like Roku, YouTube, and Xumo.
The company also saw over a half million downloads to the free Newsmax TV APP, and earlier Tuesday hit the top 3 position in rankings for downloads on iPhone.
And traffic to Newsmax.com, the company’s flagship website, also is surging.
Trump retweeted people who confirmed they watch NewsMax and One American News.
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.
This rumor’s been floating around since he ran in 2016. It’s more disinformation from “anonymous sources.”
If Trump loses, he should run for a House seat based on draft articles of impeachment for Joe Brains. LOL.
He should get together enough investors to buy Fox News and get it back to being the conservative network.
In your best Ed Sullivan voice, “It would be a really be shew!”
I’d much rather Trump focus on being president and staying president. The more excited he gets about cable news, the less he will want to stay president. Keep your eyes on the prize!
Leave a Comment