Report: Trump Wants to Form Digital Media Empire to Compete With Fox News
More and more people have flocked to Newsmax TV and One America News.
Listen to this article
Axios reported that President Donald Trump wants to form a digital media empire to take on Fox News.
The president has expressed frustration with Fox News since the election when the station called Arizona early for Joe Biden.
.@FoxNews daytime ratings have completely collapsed. Weekend daytime even WORSE. Very sad to watch this happen, but they forgot what made them successful, what got them there. They forgot the Golden Goose. The biggest difference between the 2016 Election, and 2020, was @FoxNews!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 12, 2020
Here’s Trump’s plan, according to the source:
- There’s been lots of speculation about Trump starting a cable channel. But getting carried on cable systems would be expensive and time-consuming.
- Instead, Trump is considering a digital media channel that would stream online, which would be cheaper and quicker to start.
- Trump’s digital offering would likely charge a monthly fee to MAGA fans. Many are Fox News viewers, and he’d aim to replace the network — and the $5.99-a-month Fox Nation streaming service, which has an 85% conversion rate from free trials to paid subscribers — as their top destination.
Trump’s database of email and cellphone contacts would be a huge head start.
- Trump’s lists are among the most valuable in politics — especially his extensive database of cellphone numbers for text messages.
Axios is told Trump may use vote-count rallies to undercut Fox.
- “He’s going to spend a lot of time slamming Fox,” the source said.
Newsmax TV’s viewership has skyrocketed since the election with many people choosing the station over Fox. The company also saw a spike in downloads for its app and a lot more visits to its website:
Fox News viewers appear to be deserting the network in droves as they tune into Newsmax TV.
Nielsen data confirms the trend in the post-election period last week.
During Wednesday through Friday last week, Newsmax TV led Fox Business and CNBC in all key day parts.
Newsmax is also seeing a terrific surge across its media properties, starting with its cable and satellite news channel. OTT viewership of the channel is also up on devices like Roku, YouTube, and Xumo.
The company also saw over a half million downloads to the free Newsmax TV APP, and earlier Tuesday hit the top 3 position in rankings for downloads on iPhone.
And traffic to Newsmax.com, the company’s flagship website, also is surging.
Trump retweeted people who confirmed they watch NewsMax and One American News.
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.
1. Does it still matter? The world is moving from network to internet. He won’t be competing with fox he will compete with Ben Shapiro, Steven Crowder etc.
2. Will this network actually persuade new people or just preach to the choir like fox did before it because we don’t seem to be making headway anywhere.
Another story based on an anonymous source. Maybe he *should* start a news network, and quote actual, real people as sources.
It’d be a smash hit on day one, and woould continue a smash as long as there is a Trump family member alive.
The conservative billionares should pony up for a turnkey broadcast entity – they’d make more money than they will on their other investments.
Imagine the star talent that would run to it.
Remember, it’s not Trump they are after: it’s us. He’s just in their way.
Spot on Accurate.
Covid Vaccine Is ‘Like a Gift From God’…
I’ll watch it!
Leave a Comment