“A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that [Michelle] Obama edges Trump 48% to 45% among Likely U.S. Voters”
Oh my, how times have changed.
Whereas virtually every leading Democrat candidate was trouncing Trump in the polls, the gap has narrowed, disappeared, or moved in Trump’s favor. A USA Today/Suffolk University poll found Trump beating them all:
President Donald Trump, the first modern president to face impeachment during his first term in the White House, now leads his top Democratic rivals in his bid for a second, a new USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll finds.
The national survey, taken as the House of Representatives planned an impeachment vote and the Senate a trial, showed Trump defeating former Vice President Joe Biden by 3 percentage points, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders by 5 points, and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren by 8 points.
In hypothetical head-to-head contests, Trump also led South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg by 10 points and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg by 9.
You know who is still beating Trump? The person who is not listed in most of the polls, but was the subject of a recent Rasmussen Poll: Michelle Obama.
With some Democrats worrying that the current hopefuls for their party’s nomination can’t beat President Trump next year, speculation has begun anew that Michelle Obama will enter the race. The former first lady still has a narrowing advantage over the president in a hypothetical 2020 matchup.
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that Obama edges Trump 48% to 45% among Likely U.S. Voters, with seven percent (7%) undecided….
The survey of 1,000 Likely Voters was conducted December 16-17, 2019 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence….
If the current trend keeps up, with a Trump re-election likely against this field, will Michelle stay out (as she says she will)?
How convenient that Mr. Obama recently said women make better leaders, and he hasn’t lifted a finger to help Biden.
I’m not saying Michelle will parachute in to try to save Democrats, but there will be a lot of pressure for her to do that. And if she does, you better believe I’ll say we told you so:
- Get Ready for Michelle Obama 2020 (September 10, 2017)
- Michelle Obama 2020. Yes She Can. But will she run? (January 29, 2018)
- Michelle Obama 2020 coming into focus with Memoirs release just after 2018 midterms (February 25, 2018)
- Michelle Obama may be best Dem hope for 2020, but says she doesn’t want the job (April 7, 2018)
- Rasmussen Poll: Michelle Obama would beat Trump (November 19, 2018)
- Michelle Obama’s Grammys Buzz – A reminder of the mediocrity of Democrat presidential candidates (February 11, 2019)
- With Bread Line Bernie rising, expect Michelle-mentum (February 21, 2019)
- Don’t rule out Michelle Obama as Democrats’ Hail Mary Pass to prevent a Bernie apocalypse (April 24, 2019)
- Michelle Obama floated as savior of Democrats from radical left general election disaster (October 22, 2019)
- Michelle Obama 2020 Chatter Rising — As We Predicted Over Two Years Ago (November 26, 2019)
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.