Most Read
    Image 01 Image 02 Image 03

    Teen Registered People to Vote as They Waited in Line at Popeyes

    Teen Registered People to Vote as They Waited in Line at Popeyes

    “I believe that it is our duty to vote as American citizens and it would be wrong not to exercise our political voice.”

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDVEV3i6Xt0#action=share

    David Ledbetter, 17, used the freakout over Popeyes new sandwich as an opportunity to register people to vote.

    The North Carolina teen cannot vote, but he saw it as a chance to bring young people into politics.

    From WCNC:

    “I decided to register people to vote after I saw there was a lack of young people politically involved,” Ledbetter said.

    On Saturday, the Meyers Park rising senior said he proudly registered 16 people to vote.

    “I believe that it is our duty to vote as American citizens and it would be wrong not to exercise our political voice,” Ledbetter said.

    Popeyes all over the country have faced long lines as people scramble to try their new chicken sandwich. Some stores have run out of the new sought out delicacy.

    Ledbetter does not have many pictures on his Instagram account, but the few shows him volunteering and trying to better his community.

    Good on Ledbetter for taking advantage of the long Popeyes lines!

    DONATE

    Donations tax deductible
    to the full extent allowed by law.

    Comments


    IMO registering to vote should be just as easy as getting your Conceal Carry Permit.


     
     0 
     
     0
    SteChatte | August 29, 2019 at 11:36 am

    “Democracy” only works if the entire voter base is qualified morally, intellectually, and economically. The prerequisite to achieve such is “Meritocracy.” The USSA would have to be recycled to achieve that, starting with the removal of the silly, vain, demonstrably false, hippie notion that “all are created equal.” Regardless of demographic, it can be predicted with actuarial precision that only 10% of human adults will ever be self-sustaining. The other 90% need pepetual “help.” Domesticated cats have a better adaptability rate than humans. Ergo, the world population can really support only one viable, securable Meritocracy, where all of the 10% non-useless humans around the world would coalesce geographically on the singularly relevant basis of NOT sucking!


     
     0 
     
     1
    maxmillion | August 29, 2019 at 1:26 pm

    Seems to me that we want people voting who care enough about the issues to get up off their duff and register themselves, and the passive uninvolved uncaring voter not so much.


    Leave a Comment

    Leave a Reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    Notify me of followup comments via e-mail (or subscribe without commenting.)

    Font Resize
    Contrast Mode
    Send this to a friend