Announcement

Announcement

Rand Paul Targeted by Anti-Kavanaugh Protesters in DC Airport

Rand Paul Targeted by Anti-Kavanaugh Protesters in DC Airport

“Women deserve better than silence, Mr. Paul.”

In the spring of 2017, Rand Paul was on the baseball field where Rep. Steve Scalise was shot by a leftist. Less than a year later, Paul was physically attacked by a neighbor.

Now he is being harassed by leftists over Kavanaugh.

Henry Rodgers reports at the Daily Signal:

Kavanaugh Protesters Chase Down Rand Paul at DC Airport

Protesters against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh chased down Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., at Reagan National Airport just outside Washington, D.C.

As Paul was exiting the airport Monday, the group of several women began shouting at Paul, asking him if he would call for an investigation into Kavanaugh. Paul did not respond and continued walking, to which one of the women said, “Women deserve better than silence, Mr. Paul.”

The protesters also screamed “shame” at Paul as he walked out. This comes the same day a group of protesters chased down Georgia Republican Sen. David Perdue and his wife at the same airport.

See the video below:

Just two days ago, Senator Paul’s wife Kelley wrote this for CNN in response to Cory Booker, who told activists over the summer to get in the faces of members of Congress:

My husband, Rand Paul, and our family have suffered intimidation and threats

An open letter to Senator Cory Booker:

It’s nine o’clock at night, and as I watch out the window, a sheriff’s car slowly drives past my home. I am grateful that they have offered to do extra patrols, as someone just posted our home address, and Rand’s cell number, on the internet — all part of a broader effort to intimidate and threaten Republican members of Congress and their families. I now keep a loaded gun by my bed. Our security systems have had to be expanded. I have never felt this way in my life.

In the last 18 months, our family has experienced violence and threats of violence at a horrifying level. I will never forget the morning of the shooting at the congressional baseball practice, the pure relief and gratitude that flooded me when I realized that Rand was okay…

Earlier this week, Rand was besieged in the airport by activists “getting up in his face,” as you, Senator Booker, encouraged them to do a few months ago. Preventing someone from moving forward, thrusting your middle finger in their face, screaming vitriol — is this the way to express concern or enact change? Or does it only incite unstable people to violence, making them feel that assaulting a person is somehow politically justifiable?

This is not happening only to Senator Paul. Many Republicans are being harassed in public places, just like Maxine Waters urged an angry mob to do.

The left is playing with fire and they don’t seem to care.

[Featured image is a screen cap of Courier Journal video.]

Comments

beagleEar | October 5, 2018 at 1:09 pm

He needs to be accompanied by a security detail armed with shotguns and katana swords, who also have PTSD and anger management issues.

The video is broken for me.

chrisboltssr | October 5, 2018 at 1:33 pm

Those women are utter garbage. Paul should have turned around and asked them if they shared the same concern when he was ambushed by his crazed Left wing neighbor.

Leading to what? They try to pick up where his neighbor left off? The halls of Congress are not a place to pick a fight on camera. He had an opportunity to retreat and he took it. It’s getting old seeing protesters go after people with a reduced physical ability to defend themselves, especially ones injured by a prior politically motivated attack.

It was 35-40 years ago I wrote my first letter to an elected representative. It was a mis-fire on my part and the rep pointed me to the official I should have written in the first place. Right or wrong, since that time I’ve always directed my political issues and opinions to my district rep.

As often as I hear of protesters confronting senators whether in the capitol, while traveling or at home, I wonder why none of them ever seem to ask the protestors where they’re from or are constituents … Seems like the obvious solution to much of this blind-side BS by paid-protesters would be to tell them they have NO standing since almost certainly they are NOT constituents of the reps/senators.

I’m sure the left would scream bloody murder, but with what politics has devolved into – pure thuggery – congress ought to consider some kind of ‘Constituent ID’ act paired with capitol security to keep non-constituents from interfering/inhibiting access to elected reps by their constituents.

notamemberofanyorganizedpolicital in reply to MrE. | October 5, 2018 at 2:49 pm

Because they are PAID to do this the GOP Congress Members.

Close The Fed in reply to MrE. | October 6, 2018 at 7:17 am

Mr. E, I disagree with your premise. Whatever any of them votes on affects me, so I call and occasionally give money to out-of-staters because I know this. Did I give to Scott Walker during his recall campaign? You’re darn right. Do I live in Wisconsin? Not even close. Did I give money to Scott Brown in Mass. in an attempt to prevent Obamacare from adoption? Yes I did. Again, don’t live in the region.

They vote on issues of my concern. I call them and listen in on their telephone townhalls, etc. One thing I do try to refrain from is asking questions on the telephone townhalls, because generally residents don’t get enough time to ask questions, but if you listen to them as I do, you can hear that the leftists have arranged to ask most of the questions. It’s very disheartening when I KNOW there are more normals but mostly leftists are asking questions, quite transparently posing as “concerned constituents.”

MrE in reply to Close The Fed. | October 6, 2018 at 12:55 pm

Thanks for your reply, Close the Fed. I genuinely appreciate where you are coming from and respect your principled engagement. Within your answer, it’s clear that you ‘respect the rules’ and engage representatives thoughtfully; I would conduct myself in the same way. I hope you understand the gist of my comment has to do with the physical security of senators and representatives and that their primary responsibility is to their constituents.

The leftists are using ambush tactics, attempting to impede ingress/egress of elected representatives, invading personal space / home / sanctuary to threaten and intimidate, occupying halls, offices, ignoring their schedules/calendars, etc. Such prevents them from doing the job they were appointed for and interferes with constituent access.

Ours being a representative form of government, I’m simply suggesting security measures for DC to compel visitors to work within the system.

Virginia42 | October 5, 2018 at 1:47 pm

He should go full Robert Stack, like in the movie Airplane.