Announcement

Announcement

Bloomberg’s Heilemann: Melania Plagiarism Worse than Biden, Obama

Bloomberg’s Heilemann: Melania Plagiarism Worse than Biden, Obama

Is There Nothing a Liberal Does that the MSM Won’t Find Some Way to Defend?

John Heilemann came up with a strange way to defend Joe Biden and Barack Obama, and to attack Melania Trump, for the plagiarism in speeches each of them gave.

On today’s Morning Joe, Heilemann argued that Biden and Obama’s plagiarism wasn’t as bad, because they ripped off fellow liberals: Neil Kinnock and Deval Patrick, respectively. In contrast, passages in Melania’s speech came from a 2008 Michelle Obama speech. Per Heilemann, that made Melania, or the person who prepared those passages for her, a “moronic plagiarist.” Heilemann omits one important thing: Melania is the wife of the candidate, for whom English is not even her second language. In contrast, at the time they gave their plagiarized speeches, Biden and Obama were presidential candidates themselves. They were almost certainly directly involved in the plagiarism.

Heilemann- Melania Plagiarism Worse Than Biden’s, Obama’s Cause They Ripped Off Fellow Liberals from Mark Finkelstein on Vimeo.

MIKA BRZEZINSKI: So it’s worth remembering that in 2008 Hillary Clinton’s campaign accused Barack Obama of plagiarizing then Massachusetts Governor Duval Patrick during a speech in Milwaukee. Obama said he should have credited it to him. And in 1987, remember this, Senator Joe Biden plagiarized a speech by British Labor party leader Neil Kinnock, leading to more revelations —

JOE SCARBOROUGH: But it was a good speech. Seriously, if I were going to plagiarize a speech it would have been Neil Kinnock’s speech.

MIKA: What frustrates me is Melania’s story and Melania in her own words is very effective. I think a lot of that was, obviously. She speaks multiple languages. She could have done so much with it and some jerk put in a speech from Michelle Obama’s 2008. How does that happen?

JOHN HEILEMANN: Can I just, can I put out the reason that this person is going to need to be fired, because they’re too stupid to be employed. For Joe Biden to plagiarize Neil Kinnock is wrong. But Joe Biden is a Democrat, Neil Kinnock is a Labor party politician.

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Right.

HEILEMANN: The same thing’s true with Barack Obama and Deval Patrick. Somebody got it in their mind when they were under pressure, stressed out, trying to get this speech together for her to cut and paste Michelle Obama’s speech at the Trump campaign! What are–I mean, it’s one thing to be a plagiarist, it’s another thing to be a moronic plagiarist.

Comments

showtime8 | July 19, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Political speeches are usually nothing more than boring generalities with the listeners each hearing what they want to hear. Very few speeches are memorable or epic. At some point, given the sheer number of speeches, they are all going to sound alike. No one is daring enough to come up with something new.

Ragspierre | July 19, 2016 at 3:30 pm

Gabby Morrongiello @gabriellahope_

(!) RNC spox @seanspicer quoting My Little Pony on CNN to defend Melania Trump plagiarism controversy
    12:40 PM – 19 Jul 2016

105 105 Retweets

This is just SOOOOOOO damned T-rumpian.

We can expect LOTS more of this. Imagine these people with actual power.

Hummmmmmm! Rags, your principles are taking quite a beating this year.

Maybe you can take pride in knowing that you forced The Professor to ban Trump Supporters (Really?). Hummmmmmmmmm, maybe you missed one! Must be your extreme old age, or is it fast approaching Alzheimer’s?

Pity, more for losing your principles than anything else!

Ragspierre in reply to Doug Wright. | July 19, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Well, Doug, I never did what you are accusing me of doing. Ever.

Gary (the liar) Britt did once physically threaten me (offered to come here to my town to kick my ass), and I never even reported that to Prof. Bill. Britt just lost his shit, and was a moron.

Gary (the liar) Britt DID call Fuzzy a “filthy whore” on this blog, along with being the slimiest purveyor of nasty bullshit lies about the Cruz family on these threads, and the Prof. just had his fill, I reckon.

It was none of my doing. If he’s back under a different name, he’s violating the terms of use in a pretty big way. Based on a number of factors, I’d say that is exactly the case.

BTW, I thought you promised never to have any communications with me. Speaking of principles.

JYLD in reply to Ragspierre. | July 19, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Gary Britt sure did manage to kick your arse all up and down the LI threads. I guess that makes you a super moron in addition to being a childish foul mouthed moronic child.

As I recall he called BS on your phony claim of threats and called your bluff about posting a link to the post which you never did.

Ragspierre in reply to JYLD. | July 19, 2016 at 9:11 pm

He did exactly what I said he did.

I was never about to cull through his volumes of posts, and he knew that. He was a profligate liar, and you are one, too.

I can tell you it was shortly before the holidays last year, and I thought it would be bad form to send him back to Austin in a body bag.

JYLD in reply to JYLD. | July 20, 2016 at 7:22 am

So you admit you have no proof and want us to just take your very questionable word for it. Gotta call BS.

Ragspierre in reply to JYLD. | July 20, 2016 at 2:46 pm

No, you lying sack of shit. The post, and my response, exists.

If you have any integrity, you’ll research my claim, which you won’t find too hard. It’s obvious you’ve spent considerable time on me, and have some research skills you’ve misused.

Which is kind of sick.

Rags, it still comes down to your one and only principle, that you do not tolerate any opinion different than your own.

Try growing up and try understanding that others, many, many others, have opinions and views that do not agree with your twisted view of life.

Go back and huddle with those who cannot accept that the GOP primary process worked, not with the result you desired, yet it worked well. The democratic practice followed by the GOP primary might not be perfect, yet it worked and what more can be asked of it?

It’s a pity that LI has now become a blog ruled by Rags and Milhouse and that the Professor has become a mere footnote in its history.

Begone, foul Rags, begone! Your petulant style becomes no one, not even your own putrid self.

Ragspierre in reply to Doug Wright. | July 19, 2016 at 11:15 pm

“Shut up!”, he explained.

Never has worked, Doug. Never will with me.

Nor do your lies about me.

Apparently, my memory is far superior to yours. You broke your promise. Too bad about your “principles”. Mine are fully intact.

Upvote 4 Doug.

Hmmm, seems like there’s something else I could do. . . ..

JYLD in reply to Ragspierre. | July 19, 2016 at 8:47 pm

The above prediction brought to you by Rags the same self important moron who absolutely guaranteed Cruz would stay in it to the end and challenge the credentials of every single Trump delegate literally 2 minutes before Cruz dropped out of the race. LMAO.

rekorb | July 19, 2016 at 4:13 pm

Michelle during speeches in Milwaukee and Madison, Wisconsin on February 18, 2008, “for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country.”

Melania….well you get the point.
    She’s obviously proud to be an American and Trump’s wife

I’m don’t know why anyone would knowingly copy Michelle at anything

When you argue with an idiot, you have two idiots arguing.

Why is anyone dignifying this?