Michele Bachmann retiring

Michele Bachmann retiring

Mixed feelings.

She was right on many issues, and attracted all the right enemies.

But her primary performance was disappointing, to put it mildly. No need to rehash all that now.

I wish her well.

Comments

Juba Doobai! | May 29, 2013 at 11:22 am

For me, Bachmann’s defining moment came when she stabbed Sarah Palin in the back after Palin had supported her. After that, politically, Bachmann was dead to me.

snopercod in reply to Juba Doobai!. | May 29, 2013 at 11:55 am

I’m not familiar with Bachmann stabbing Palin in the back. Details, please.

Juba Doobai! in reply to snopercod. | May 29, 2013 at 7:19 pm

When Bachmann was running for POTUS and Palin was still contemplating whether to run, Bachmann’s people set it out there that Bachmann was like Palin, with brains. She did not rein them in, and if she apologized, it was weaselly. That sort of snide attack on Palin was very much part of Bachmann’s strategy, and it came right after Palin had gone to Bachmann’s rescue and rallied troops to help re-elect her. Bachmann alienated a lot of Palinistas because her attack against Palin was never issue based but followed the LSM’s line. If Bachmann had had half of Sarah Palin’s smarts, she would’ve won the nomination.

Valerie | May 29, 2013 at 3:21 pm

My first thought was that I hope this isn’t a Barbara Jordan situation — no scandal, but illness. However, this announcement is long and packed with political issues and positions. I think she’s going on the lecture circuit or turning talking head. I hope she makes a bundle.

Estragon | May 29, 2013 at 3:22 pm

She’s nuckin’ futz, never actually accomplished anything, and brought only ridicule to the conservative movement.

I expect she will next appear on some reality show.

Juba Doobai! in reply to Estragon. | May 29, 2013 at 7:23 pm

You can blame the RINO’s for her lack of accomplishment. She was prevented from accomplishing anything because of the RINO bid to stifle Conservatives in theHouse. Quite frankly, Bachmann would have made a better speaker than the one the GOP has now, and she would’ve been taking the fight to Obama. There are things I don’t like about Bachmann, but she is a fighter and she has stood for the Conservative cause. So, no need to diss her by calling her nucking futs and a discredit to the movement. Would that the RINO’s had the balls she has to stand up for positions knowing they are unpopular.

katiejane | May 29, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Whether you like her style or not IMO she got shafted by the GOP beltway boys who thought her too brash and unladylike. So you had her in your face personality to her TP social conserve inclinations, of course the perpetual politicians who want to play nice and be statesmanlike. JMO

jeannebodine | May 29, 2013 at 7:50 pm

No one was more sincere & committed to preventing Obamacare from passing. She understood how it would change our country forever. I only became engaged politically because of Obamacare and I attended a rally in DC where she spoke and I saw & felt her passion to try to save our nation.

There were things I didn’t like that she said and did but on the the threats posed by both Obamacare & radical Islam she was tops. I believe, like Palin, she was harassed, ridiculed and received no support from her own party.

All in all, I believe Michele is a true patriot and she will be missed.