My question for @Reince

My question for @Reince

I sent a similar question via the Contact page at the RNC website.

I’ll let you know if I hear back.

Tags:

Comments

Henry Hawkins | March 20, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Conservative bloggers = Red-headed step children.

Rosalie | March 20, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Good for you, Professor J. I hope he answers, but don’t hold your breath.

Bruno Lesky | March 20, 2013 at 5:56 pm

I LOVE LI. Check often. I need the reinforcement of a like (with some Constitutional diversity) sentient community.

I think blogs preach to the choir (=me.)

If blogs want to effect change, they have to touch down to motivate some action. Maybe not on the same site … but a sister site to contribute $, time, energy … something.

Otherwise it’s kind of academic.

As a person of business, that’s been my experience. You can’t just have insight, you have to act, move the needle to change conditions.

Or maybe LI is on line to motivate the next exceptional Constitutional actor?

jakee308 | March 20, 2013 at 6:05 pm

You do realize his name is a bad joke played on him by his parents don’t you?

Reince Priebus == Prince Reebus

(or maybe Rebus which is a pictogram puzzle)

That sort of word play and the interposition of the first letters of the first name and the first letters of the last name to form a cogent phrase, amusing alliteration or euphonic sound.

And unfortunately, although he’s twenty times the Chairman that Steele was, he’s still a failure.

jakee308 | March 20, 2013 at 6:07 pm

(left off part.)

That sort of word play . . . is/was common in the upper midwest he was born. You run across some strange name combinations. I guess they’re easily amused or not thinking of their kids sanity.

BannedbytheGuardian in reply to jakee308. | March 20, 2013 at 11:27 pm

His full name is Reinhold Reince Priebus ….

Actually it is very melodic in German but in English sounds like a Latvian car.

jakee308 in reply to BannedbytheGuardian. | March 21, 2013 at 4:38 pm

That doesn’t change a bit of what I said. In fact, that they did it with his middle name and last makes it even more likely.

I’ve lived around people like this. They think nothing of it.

It got so bad for awhile where I was born that a back lash started up and parents would scour the names to make sure that ACCIDENTALLY they didn’t cause any of those unfortunate juxtapositions.

It’s died off by now, I suspect, but it occurred quite frequently in certain communities at about the time of his birth and previous.