Obama Inaugural Speech — Collectivist We

Obama Inaugural Speech — Collectivist We

No need to watch Obama’s inaugural speech.

Text is here.

Same old, same old straw men, platitudes, and ode to big government and collectivism:

Through it all, we have never relinquished our skepticism of central authority, nor have we succumbed to the fiction that all society’s ills can be cured through government alone.  Our celebration of initiative and enterprise; our insistence on hard work and personal responsibility, are constants in our character.

But we have always understood that when times change, so must we; that fidelity to our founding principles requires new responses to new challenges; that preserving our individual freedoms ultimately requires collective action.  For the American people can no more meet the demands of today’s world by acting alone than American soldiers could have met the forces of fascism or communism with muskets and militias.  No single person can train all the math and science teachers we’ll need to equip our children for the future, or build the roads and networks and research labs that will bring new jobs and businesses to our shores.  Now, more than ever, we must do these things together, as one nation, and one people.

I didn’t watch because I’ve seen that movie before.

Krauthammer did watch, and he summed it up as an ode to big government (who coulda guessed that?) via Mediaite:

Following President Obama’s second inaugural address, Fox News analyst Charles Krauthammer called the speech an “amazing” one which rebuked the limited government beliefs of the Reagan era and served as the president’s “ode to big government.”

“I thought it was an amazing speech, and historically very important,” Krauthammer began. “This this was really Obama unbound. And I think what’s most interesting is that Obama basically is declaring the end of Reaganism in this speech.”

Tags:

Comments

Ragspierre | January 21, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Happily, I lost neither time or IQ points on that all too predicable self-indulgence by Pre. Fast&Furious.

nordic_prince | January 21, 2013 at 5:09 pm

“Obama unbound” – I hope to God that’s not anything like Satan unbound.

jimposter | January 21, 2013 at 5:18 pm

It is all very clear now.

The obligation of every Republican officeholder (and Democrat who has a brain cell left) is to oppose Obama at each and every turn and in each and every way.

The same goes for every one of us who is not part of the OccupyWhiteHouse cabal.

Each morning ask yourself “what can I do today to make it harder for Barack Obama and his running-dog lackeys to achieve any of their goals?”

Viva La Resistance!

theduchessofkitty in reply to jimposter. | January 21, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Viva la Resistance, indeed!

In fact, I’m adding one thumbs up to every single commenter in this thread who was shouted down by the abundance of trolls and goblins going around the blogosphere today. (If you haven’t noticed, yet.)

Just my little contribution to The Resistance.

Daedulus | January 21, 2013 at 5:43 pm

BTW, how large was the crowd at the Inaugeration? Since I hadn’t heard any bragging about it on the MSM, I assume it was relatively small.

TrooperJohnSmith in reply to Daedulus. | January 21, 2013 at 7:18 pm

I heard they handed out mirrors to all the attendees. That way, they thought there were twice as many people there! Hell, my canary falls for it, why not an ObamaVoter?

janitor | January 21, 2013 at 5:52 pm

Aside from the speechwriters’ soundbites and buzzwords:

So what are people like the Obamaphone lady, or this dude going to contribute to anyone’s “collective” well-being?

For the American people can no more meet the demands of today’s world by acting alone than American soldiers could have met the forces of fascism or communism with muskets and militias…

Of course they could have, if those were the weapons of fascists and communists.

Be that as it may, last I checked, the military still doesn’t put its good troops at risk by telling them to leave no soldier behind and then sticking them in teams with Obamaphone ladies.