Allen West concedes race

Allen West concedes race

Early this morning Allen West released a statement conceding the race after his attempt to obtain a full recount lost any realistic chance.

Based on his team’s analysis there were not enough disputed or suspicious votes to overcome the approximately 2000 vote lead.

As indicated yesterday from someone close to the campaign, West will not be leaving public life, and if anything, will become more active:

I cannot wait for the next phase of Allen West.

There is more to come and AW will be operational very soon….

Stay in touch and stay in the fight.

BAYONETS!!

Via Palm Beach Post, here is the full statement:

“For two weeks since Election Day, we have been working to ensure every vote is counted accurately and fairly. We have made progress towards that goal, thanks to the dedication of our supporters and their unrelenting efforts to protect the integrity of the democratic process. While many questions remain unanswered, today I am announcing that I will take no further action to contest the outcome of this election.

“While there are certainly still inaccuracies in the results and the actions of the St. Lucie County and Palm Beach County Supervisors of Elections rightly raise questions in my mind and for many voters, after much analysis and yesterday’s recount in St. Lucie County, our legal team does not believe there are enough over-counted, undercounted or fraudulent votes to change the outcome of the election.

“While a contest of the election results might have changed the vote totals, we do not have evidence that the outcome would change. Given the extremely high evidentiary hurdles involved in a successful challenge, I will not ask my generous supporters to help fund a drawn-out, expensive legal effort with little chance of success. Therefore, we will not contest the certification or challenge the seating of Congressman-Elect Murphy.

“Serving the people in the House of Representatives has been among the highest honors of my life, but this seat does not belong to me, or for that matter, to any individual. It belongs to the people. I want to congratulate my opponent, Patrick Murphy, as the new Congressman from 18th Congressional District. I pray he will serve his constituents with honor and integrity, and put the interests of our nation before his own.

“I must thank my wife Angela, and my daughters Aubrey and Austen for their support, patience, understanding and most of all, love. These are three of the toughest women I know. They have sent me off to defend our nation overseas at war and to Capitol Hill to serve our nation in the House of Representatives. They have all handled the challenges of these last few months, and the last many years, with amazing grace. I know they will be my side for whatever is our next chapter.

“I want to thank my congressional and campaign staff for their service, and most importantly, I want to thank all of our tremendous supporters who provided their time and money to power our campaign. I am humbled by the dedication and perseverance of our supporters, and their commitment to a free and prosperous America. I cannot thank them enough for all they have done for our campaign, but most importantly, what they have done, and will continue to do for our country. None of us should let the outcome discourage us. We should only redouble our resolve.

“Above all, I want to thank God for his blessings, and for blessing me with the opportunity to serve.
    Only God knows what is in store for each of us. I have dedicated my life to serving this nation, and the results of this election will not change my purpose. Just as I did in the deserts of Iraq and Afghanistan, just as I did on Capitol Hill, I will continue to fight for our Republic.

“Our nation will not overcome our challenges overnight ,and the road ahead for each one of us will not be easy. But this nation would never have become that shining beacon of light if our founders had chosen the easy path 236 years ago. We all must proudly continue their legacy.

“For the protection and preservation of our life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, I shall remain steadfast and loyal. God bless you and God bless these United States of America.”

Tags:

Comments

ClinkinKy | November 20, 2012 at 10:09 am

The comments at Politico about this are chock full of “gracious winner” responses. Racist?…/s

Iam A. Patriot | November 20, 2012 at 11:33 am

To the “thumbs down’ers” above, that’s all well and good, but it really doesn’t further the discussion or advance our cause. At least have the decency to explain why the vote of no confidence, instead of just saying, “You suck.”

Don’t like West?

Don’t like Palin?

Don’t think they’d make an awesome ticket in 2016?

Or???

It’s pretty easy to punch the ‘dislike’ icon, but how does that help us win back our Republic?

IAP

BannedbytheGuardian in reply to Iam A. Patriot. | November 20, 2012 at 2:31 pm

II don’t do dislikes but here is my reaction.

One – you are not the only patriot.

Two -You are dogmatic,

Three -You have appropriated both Palin & West & misrepresent them. Let them speak for themselves. they do not belong to your fantasies.

Four -you appear to be a very dour & humorless person.

Iam A. Patriot in reply to BannedbytheGuardian. | November 20, 2012 at 2:56 pm

>> One – you are not the only patriot.
        I never said, or implied, that I am. I assume that we’re ALL Patriots here.

>> Two -You are dogmatic,
        I don’t follow you – ???

>>>Three -You have appropriated both Palin & West & misrepresent them.
        Disagree on both counts.

>>Let them speak for themselves.
        Is this not a place for discussion amongst ourselves? I’d LOVE for them to come here and speak to us directly. Until then…

>>they do not belong to your fantasies.
        Again, I don’t follow you.

>>Four -you appear to be a very dour & humorless person.
        The same could be said about you, but in so saying I wouldn’t accomplish anything.

Would it help if I added a 🙂 ?

Abraham Lincoln served one term in Congress, and then he became the first successful nominee of the Republican party. May it be so with Allen West if he so chooses.

Milhouse | November 20, 2012 at 7:31 pm

More important: will there be a criminal investigation of the people who blatantly broke the law by preventing Republican watchers from seeing the copying of damaged ballots? And of those who illegally excluded R watchers from PA precincts? What can be done to bring these people to account? Because if nothing bad happens to them then why on earth shouldn’t they do it again next time?

TeaPartyPatriot4ever | November 21, 2012 at 1:41 am

Quote-
    “Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. ”

“The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

Quote-

“Let us be sure that those who come after will say… we did everything that could be done.”

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children’s children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.”

Freedom … must be fought for, protected, and handed on for [our children] to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children, what it was once like where men were free.

There can be no real peace while one American is dying some place in the world for the rest of us. We’re at war with the most dangerous enemy that has ever faced mankind … and … if we lose that war, and in so doing lose this way of freedom of ours, history will record … that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening.”

~President Ronald Wilson Reagan~

In other words -the fight and battles won and lost in the interim, do not represent the final outcome, thus in the end Good shall prevail over evil, and the evil that is Socialist Marxist Islamist anti-American tyranny rule over America, must and will, ultimately be defeated.