Michelle Obama, the Joan of Arc leading the crusade against food freedom, brags in this week’s US Magazine to enjoying fried twinkies in Iowa!
The magazine published a feature about Michelle entitled “Exclusive: First Lady Michelle Obama: 5 Things You Don’t Know about Me.” From the article [emphasis mine]:
1. I think one of the most important things anyone can do is vote. Gottavote.com makes it easy to do.
2. Sometimes I let our Portuguese Water Dog, Bo, sleep in our bed when Barack is gone.
3. I skipped the second grade.
4. The best thing about campaigning is meeting amazing and inspiring people. Another perk is getting to try specialties from around the country along the way. I’ve tried everything from local farmers’ market produce in North Carolina to fried Twinkies in Iowa.
5. We love watching sports — especially when there’s a Kiss-Cam involved!
This is all quite odd, because just a month ago, President Obama sheepishly admitted at the Iowa State Fair that the First Lady had forbidden him from eating the all-American creation.
Either Michelle follows the “do as I say, not as I do,” rule or she’s had a change-of-heart. It couldn’t be because Iowa’s in play this November, could it?DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.