When poverty comes to America, it will be driving a $22k Jeep Patriot

When poverty comes to America, it will be driving a $22k Jeep Patriot

Apparently.

From reader and frequent photographer Bill in Florida:

Saw this jeep Patriot with the “I’m too poor to vote republican” sticker on it. New they run about $22,000.

Comments

Conservative Beaner | July 16, 2012 at 7:53 pm

I saw the same sticker here in San Antonio. I was tempted to put a note on the windshield saying, Too smart to vote Democrat.

LukeHandCool in reply to Conservative Beaner. | July 16, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Yeah!

A few years back when I was taking some grad classes, I’d pull into the school parking lot after work, and I kept seeing this car completely plastered with dozens of lefty bumper stickers in the university parking lot.

So, I composed a one-page handwritten response mocking and ridiculing the inanity of each and every sticker on the car.

The next time I saw the car, I waited until nobody was looking and put my note under his/her windshield wiper, like a parking ticket.

It felt good! They can’t stand being mocked and ridiculed.

And I also added at the end of the note (I can’t remember the exact wording but as close as I can remember):

“No need to thank me for not vandalizing your car. I know that you are not personally responsible for the number of times lefties have vandalized my car after I’d placed a single, simple campaign sticker on it. That’s so childish, don’t you think? Well, you’re welcome, anyway.”

Grrrrr 🙁

That sticker makes me wonder what the definition of ‘poor’ is to someone like that.

As one who was forced to retire and try to survive on early SS due to failing health with the added rule that doing so prevented me from ever seeing a COLA increase I can’t even afford to buy a car at any price and have to beg anyone I can find who is willing to drive me to the doctor, the drugstore, grocery store, etc.

After seeing that and other like-minded stickers I’m tempted to carry a really big black marker with me on the days when I’m strong enough to walk the six blocks to the local post office and become the crazy old woman who wanders around the parking lot altering statements like this.

LukeHandCool in reply to Joy. | July 16, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Nobody can take your sense of humor away from you!

I hope your health gets better!

Joy in reply to LukeHandCool. | July 16, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Thanks LHC, I may starve to death living on bargain-priced pasta and sauce and the occasional not-too-fresh leftover bread that my neighbor brings to me after his meetings at church but I’ll definitely take pride in the the fact that I’ll leave this life with a lot of bumper stickers bearing proof that —-> Joy was here!

LukeHandCool in reply to Joy. | July 17, 2012 at 1:28 am

Lean meat and nuts would be better, Joy. Almonds, walnuts … (I was gonna joke, ‘Almonds, Joy,’ but I’ll refrain :))

Pasta, bread, rice … good for short-term energy, but, after time, bad for diabetes, etc. Farming of grains only began about 10,000 years ago … and physiologically we’re more primitive than that.

Grape juice gives you the benefits of wine without the alcohol. By itself, like most juices, it has too many calories and sugar, so I dilute it with sparkling water. Maybe 9 parts water to 1 part grape juice, and drink it all day long.

When I was a young guy working in my dad’s stores, there was this sweet old Jewish attorney named Mr. Sherwood who would come in almost every day and we would swap ideas for eating/drinking healthy.

One day he was telling me he had started drinking green tea, but he was very sensitive (like me) to the caffeine in it.

I suggested he dilute it and drink it all day long as opposed to taking a full-strength shot just in the morning … thus the anti-oxidants would be available to his body all day long as opposed to all at once.

He loved that idea! I miss that interaction I had with some really sweet old-timers! They really appreciated every new day of life they were granted at their age!

Okay, I’m a bit tipsy and ready for bed. Maybe we can talk nutrition and exercise later.

Nitey night, Joy!

Joy in reply to LukeHandCool. | July 17, 2012 at 1:59 am

Oh my! I would sell my soul for un-lean meats, walnuts, a whole big case of Almond Joys (although I really prefer Snickers Bars) and anything else that is yummy, nutrious, and fattening ’cause this old body is skinny as a stick and is begging to get back that 20 pounds that I’ve lost this year.

You say you’re a bit tipsy, I have to admit that I’m a wee bit jealous because a glass or two of my favorite dry Reisling or perhap a nice Pinot Grigio like the ones that used occupy my now empty wine rack would be both healthy (and recommeded by my Doc for me to drink each day) would be glorious!

Oh well, tis not to be so when you feel the urge to discuss food, remind me what it tastes like so I can vicariously enjoy it with you. 🙂

P.S.

Poverty sucks!

JohnnyT1948 | July 16, 2012 at 10:23 pm

I saw the same bumper sticker on a car at the US Women’s Open Golf Championship in Koehler WI a week ago…but it was on a Cadillac Escalade.

jamson64 | July 18, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Too funny.

Also C4C did not help car buyers. Used 2-3 year old honda civics run around 15k dollars. I hope my elderly father doesn’t go looking for cars anytime soon….I think the sticker shock would do him in.

jamson64 | July 18, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Obama bumper stickers in church parking lots are more hypocritical.