Warning to commenters

Warning to commenters

The comment section has become ugly lately particularly as regards posts regarding the Zimmerman case.

You all know who you are.

I hate having to do this, but anyone who engages in personal attacks on other commenters or tries to publish personal information about other commenters will be banned. No further warnings given.

I don’t care how long you have been here.

While I value commenters, I don’t have time or the desire to play schoolyard monitor.

Tags:

Comments

Anchovy | July 17, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I hope you realize that you wouldn’t have been able to become a schoolyard monitor without the help of many other people. While you might think you built the school you are wrong, it was built by many other people. The roads to that school were provided by many happy hands paying taxes for the common good. The children were made by happy unskilled workers who enjoyed their work. You are not an island, no schoolyard monitor is.

LukeHandCool in reply to Anchovy. | July 17, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Although your wit is to be commended, the moral of your lefty story is feeble compared to this fable.

LukeHandCool (who recommends everyone shake hands and let bygones be bygones and bear in mind that potential new commenters might be put off by anything seeming like a catty atmosphere … life is too short … let’s all be friends … and who thinks people would do well to imitate Warner Bros’s Goofy Gophers at times … you know those two cute little guys: “The crux of each four-frame strip was the ridiculousness of the characters’ over-politeness preventing their ability to get on with the task at hand. The pair’s dialogue is peppered with such over-politeness as “Indubitably!”, “You first, my dear,” and “But, no, no, no. It must be you who goes first!” We should all treat each other like Goofy Gophers).

LukeHandCool in reply to Anchovy. | July 17, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Check this out!

“Man gets in trouble for filling town potholes.”

The government didn’t fix this road. This man made that happen!

Warren’s “the rest of us” is finally found. It’s this guy!

turfmann | July 17, 2012 at 6:15 pm

I get the funny impression that I kicked a troll and he run amuck.

I’m sorry…

(OK, not really.)

Tamminator | July 17, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Dang, I missed that post. Gotta go catch up on the fight! Must have been a doozey.

Browndog | July 17, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Ashamed, I am, that this post became necessary.

That’s all.

gasper | July 17, 2012 at 8:31 pm

All of us are capable of producing a comment designed to upset, irritate, or enrage others. And then spend the next several hours debasing others’ responses, trying to get them to see our viewpoint, further agitating them. I suppose for some this is their entertainment for the day. It really boils down to a problem of excessive pride. That’s my opinion and it is not disputable.