The shape of things to come

The shape of things to come

A reader writes (emphasis mine):

Devoted, and unregistered, reader, first time emailer.

It seems the GOP has a “Read my lips” moment here with Obama promising no tax increase. The ad practically writes itself. I guess they’d never throw Bush I under the bus with the juxtaposition, but someone should.

My family of four currently spends $18,000.00 per year on insurance premiums. I am self-employed. Our premiums jumped $2,400.00 this year in anticipation of the costs of ACA. At the same time, my wife’s healthcare savings account at work informed us that her contributions had been capped by the Feds at, I believe, $2,500.00/year. So there’s another grand that ACA has already cost us before any ultimate tax increases that will surely arise to pay for the cost of this experiment in statist socialism.

I can hunt and garden. Am very tempted to drop out altogether. We will survive without the government.

By the way, we are in DC this weekend, where everything is government run. It is a total disaster. Have not seen one government employee or work crew on the streets, which are a total free for all due to no working traffic signals. The shape of things to come.

I got caught on a Supershuttle last night where the whole van excoriated conservatives for their stupid and ignorant opposition to Obamacare, which is going to solve all our problems. I nearly bit through my tongue to avoid being lynched. When I got out, I gave the driver $5 and told him it was a tip from the Tea Party. He was literally dumbstruck. I told him we’d see how great Obamacare looks in November.

Sorry to rant. We all need to speak up politely, but forcefully. He knew exactly what I meant. We also need to steer our dollars away from these sympathizers when we can. Vote with your pocketbook.

I’m also a professional video producer. I got tired of a freelance editor wishing death to Dick Cheney on Facebook, so I quit giving him business. It got his attention. And not because I’m a Cheney fan. Rather, it was the violent, eliminationist rhetoric that I could no longer abide. Why put money in his pocket?

You have a wonderful blog. I send links to it constantly.

Keep it up.

Okay.

Comments

BannedbytheGuardian | July 3, 2012 at 4:23 am

You are some kind of crazy. The X dressing thing was a joke but it is a fact . Check out Jennifer Brady vs The University of Arkansas (May 2012) whereby a 38 year old pre-transgender person has won the right to use the women’s restrooms whilst he decides if he wants to go full Monty.

I stand by my dismissal of Copts Pharaohic genital cutting of females. In my job I was required to report this if I came across the ‘results’. We had to ban Copts from sending their girls back to Egypt when it was banned . If you want to flood America with these sort of people feel free but don’t tell me as you did they were such angels & Americans the bad guys.

I suggest we agree to disagree on all things.

BTW what makes you think I am a dude?

You called Pink a man when she is obviously a woman. l suppose the possibility is open you are a lesbian tho l suspect not. lf you are a lesbian l give it 80% bull , 20% lipsiick. Your footwear suggests bull. Not that theres anything wrong with that !

BannedbytheGuardian in reply to secondwind. | July 3, 2012 at 6:39 am

I have never responded to Pink Raquel -but I do know that is a girl’s name. She writes like a girl also.

Whatever -she was very upset that day & I can understand this. I think you are confusing me with Darkstar who did have a battle that day with Pink.

I read all comments & often point out if I see no logic. Often I find aspects not put out because I come from a different part of the world but have lived in the USa & have been to just under the 57 states.

To finish off this thread notice the result of the Mexican elections. If you think Canada is Socialist you are now surrounded 100%.

And at home .

OcTEApi | July 3, 2012 at 6:07 am

Mandate is a TAXi
    The Supershuttle driver is most likely AFL-CIO CWA and probably gets an Obamacare waiver…
    So they’re a tax dodger who can keep their health care plan if they like it… while the first time emailer is literally risking life and limb.

Welcome to nationwide Detroitification.
    They just fired 164 Detroit firefighters and closed about 15 to 20 firehouses, while 108 firefighters were immediately hired back 108 by way of US taxpayer funded$22.5 million DHS grant.
    While there has been a mysterious increase in arson fires.

Liberals are basking in Obama’s glow of corruption, while getting a front row seat to “in your face” bleat about it.

OcTEApi in reply to OcTEApi. | July 3, 2012 at 7:03 am

from the video link: the Supershuttle company is “free rider” of a taxpayer funded “economic zone” who are also exempt from federal DOT regulation.

Browndog in reply to OcTEApi. | July 3, 2012 at 9:11 am

They did the same thing a couple months ago with the police.

They “laid off” 200. Hired them back the next day using a “Federal grant”.

BannedbytheGuardian | July 3, 2012 at 7:10 am

hahaha Bananarama in their bovver boy pantz. I got a pair on now plus a new 80s haircut.

Too much fun here.

lightning | July 3, 2012 at 9:11 am

This gentleman’s comment of hitting them in the pocketbook, made me think of a possible issue with Obamacare. In the act there is a section which prohibits enforcement of penalties. My question is does that still stand now that the “penalty” is a tax? I ask because like the gentleman in this story, I don’t want to support this system, yet I also am responsible for others, so don’t want to lose everything either. Roberts was specific in his opinion that it was a tax based on the fact that the IRS collected it. Does the designation of the penalty as a tax now allow the IRS to use the powers it had prior to and independent of this act?