Don’t panic

Don’t panic

I asked Why are people panicking?

He feels good:

The link to Jay Cost:

Give the media enough time, and they will spin straw into gold – for Democrats, naturally. And so it has been over the last two weeks since the Obamacare ruling was handed down. We have seen media pundits debate whether the ruling hurts Mitt Romney. We have seen them criticize Team Romney for not being johnny-on-the-spot with a reaction to a ruling that virtually nobody expected. We have seen them speculate that Team Obama’s Bain attacks are working, despite a dearth of hard evidence and no serious indication from the Romney campaign that they are worth responding to. And on and on it goes.

With the media consistently confusing and obscuring the true state of the race, it is worth reviewing the key facts that will determine the parameters of the fall campaign.

(1) Barack Obama is an unpopular president….
    (2) Impressions about Obama seem mostly to be set….
    (3) The economy is hurting the president….
    (4) Romney will have an opportunity to define himself….

On the other hand:

Comments

Tamminator | July 9, 2012 at 11:38 pm

I’ve gotta tell you Professor. I hate tweeting. Most of it, like above, is nonsensical to most of us.
    I tweet your posts, but I don’t even know who or why anyone is reading it.

TrooperJohnSmith in reply to Tamminator. | July 10, 2012 at 7:43 am

Twitter is too much like having an open mic around. Me? I’m afraid of what I’d do when I get good and pissed off. On the other hand, 140 characters lends itself to hyperbole, ridicule and irreverent humor, all of which I love.

Henry Hawkins in reply to Tamminator. | July 10, 2012 at 2:48 pm

I can see how Twitter is a must for bloggers. I gave it a shot but did not fall in love either, dropped my account. I’ve got enough to keep up with and the pay-off for me was not worth the time.

We only saw George Bush when it was necessary for him to tell us something. Otherwise he did his job & left us alone. l appreciated that. The man thats black is the opposite. He’s so damn needy he wont leave us alone. l know its been an irritant to me from day one. l have wondered if this is one of the things about t.m.t.b that others feel also but wont speak of. l suspect this may be the case. lf it is true ,it is difficult to see these people voting for 4 more years of this torment.

imfine | July 10, 2012 at 12:35 am

Who cares who wins the race, the republic loses. We have originator of obamacare on the republican on the ticket.

Malonth | July 10, 2012 at 2:27 am

Given what just happened with Justice Taney (I mean Roberts), none of us will feel a bit relieved until we see Romney delivering the inaugural address. Even then I’ll have to pinch myself: is the nightmare really over?

Until then it will be nightmares of what could happen! How about this one, Biden gets dumped at the Convention and Obama runs with Van Jones and they win!! This could be a horror movie!

currently | July 10, 2012 at 4:12 am

I’m not panicking. Obama is going to lose in a landslide.

If I’m wrong, I’ll just have a heart attack and check out because I smoke and am too old and ornery for ObamaCare to save. No worries for me, but God help all you younger ones.