Oh Elizabeth, there you go again

Oh Elizabeth, there you go again

I told you this morning that Elizabeth Warren’s story about her parents having to elope because her father’s family objected to her mother being Native American did not ring true, as a Google search did not reveal her telling that story before even though she has told plenty of stories about her parents over the years.

I told you that that statement, offered as proof she was Native American, would be fact checked beyond a Google search.

She’s all over TV with it:

And what do you know, it already had been fact checked prior to Warren’s statement by Twila Barnes, the Cherokee genealogist who has traced Warren’s maternal line back to the great-great-great grandparent level and found no Cherokee or other Native American ancestry.  Barnes also is one of the spokespeople for the new Cherokee group demanding that Warren stop claiming Cherokee heritage.

Michael Patrick Leahy at Breitbart.com (h/t HotAir) has pulled the marriage certificate for Warren’s parents which already had been linked by Barnes, and guess what … her parents were married in a church religious ceremony by the pastor of the Holdenville OK Methodist Episcopal South Church just 14 miles from their home.  There will be more fact checking, for sure, but that doesn’t sound like an elopement to me.

But it’s what Warren claims she had been told, so I guess it can’t be fact checked lest that be deemed an attack on her parents.

Maybe, just maybe, the problem is not what Warren’s parents told her, but what she claims they told her.

Oh, and one more thing (again h/t HotAir), Howie Carr in Boston has discovered another interesting fact about Elizabeth. she was a mortgage foreclosure specialist. Not as an academic, but as an investor.

If you have wondered why I have focused so much on Warren, you are beginning to understand. I don’t mind liberals half as much as I mind phony liberals.

Comments

RosalindJ | June 1, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Argh. This on top of all the other tends to explain Lizzie’s problem. She really was raised as a special snowflake who decided story time was a much better sell than whatever pedestrian life she led.

I can only imagine how she may have turned out if she didn’t have to suffer the ignominy of errors marked in red pencil and a trophy just for showing up.
    Oh wait.

2nd Ammendment Mother | June 1, 2012 at 7:50 pm

I wonder when reporters will contact her husband’s extended family to find out how well her accusing their father/grandfather of being a racist is going over?

Talk about awkward Thanksgiving chit chat this year!

jakee308 | June 1, 2012 at 7:59 pm

My mom told me I was super intelligent and a very special snowflake.

Does that mean I can get a scholarship to Harvard too?

I think I’m also part automatic transmission as my Mom used to call my Dad a shiftless bastard.

malclave in reply to jakee308. | June 1, 2012 at 8:09 pm

My family has always been in fear of Hera’s wrath because one of my ancestors was the result of a mortal’s dalliance with Zeus.

I know this is true because my mother contributed a recipe for ambrosia to an elementary school cookbook, proving that I’m 1/32nd Greek god.

LukeHandCool in reply to malclave. | June 1, 2012 at 8:51 pm

No, I’m the Greek god!

A year or two after high school I was working in one of my dad’s stores when my high school English teacher came in to get some copies of the screenplay she was writing.

She had just finished lunch in a restaurant across the street and she was a bit tipsy.

She started flirting with me (and I have to admit I was quite turned on because she was a statuesque, good-looking woman in her forties. She was the original cougar).

My hair stylist had recently convinced me to embrace the natural wavy/curly nature of my hair … and told me to shake my head upon finishing showering and little ringlets would form as my hair dried.

She told me my new hair style was sexy and said, “You look like a Greek god. A sexy, sexy Greek god.”

She was flirting up a storm and I started thinking about telling her to come back at closing time so we could go get a bite to eat.

Standing beside her, waiting to purchase his order of stationery and office supplies was the Jewish character actor who played the psychiatrist in the M*A*S*H TV series (I can’t remember his name.)

She started asking him why he was buying what he was buying and other stupid questions and he started getting really irritated at my tipsy English teacher. She just kept on irritating him and giggling.

I finally decided the whole scene was just too weird, even for my then horny, depraved outlook on life. As foxy as she was, I just thought she would be a nightmare to get involved with. A potential Play Misty for Me scene.

Anyway, what I’m trying to say is, that makes me 1/32 Greek god.

I’m most grossed out by the “nursing mother at a law exam” comment. I mean, it’s TMI. Who cares. Who can prove it anyway. Who would want to. What difference does it make. And it lends one’s mind to unpleasant imagery.

But the whole point is to make her sound like a trailblazer and a victim, at the same time. Disgusting.

SoCA Conservative Mom | June 1, 2012 at 8:37 pm

She reminds me of my 6 year old. When you tell a whopper and no one believes you, tell another bigger whopper to cover it up. Someone needs to send her to time out… hopefully the voters will.