Netroots Indian speakers defend Elizabeth Warren even if not really Cherokee

Netroots Indian speakers defend Elizabeth Warren even if not really Cherokee

I attended the Netroots Nation progressive convention this morning in Providence, Rhode Island.   The session was titled “American Indian Caucus.”

When I asked the panel about Elizabeth Warren’s false claims to be Cherokee, they became defensive and accusatory, refused to condemn Warren or seek an apology even though genealogical information shows Warren is not Cherokee, and falsely accused me of being racist.

The American Indian Caucus panelists included Paula Dove Jennings, Daily Kos staff writer Timothy Lange, and Neeta Lind of Navajo Nation.

Dove Jennings spoke for an hour about her American Indian heritage, and the importance of the American Indian community staying visible. “I wondered to myself, what is a ‘real Indian,'” said Dove Jennings. “….It’s time we speak the truth.”

Dove Jennings admits in the video to falsely claiming to be Narragansett: “I know I’m not. I’m Niantic.” Dove Jennings on Warren:

First of all I don’t know how anybody can say she “falsely” identified herself. I think, from what I have read, that she has identified she has native blood in her. It’s probably or could be, Cherokee or some other nation….Elizabeth Warren–god bless her–I give her all the credit in the world, because there’s so many people don’t want to acknowledge who or what they are….I don’t think she’s falsely claiming it. I feel she has grown up being proud of this history of being, or having native blood in her then I say, “thank you Elizabeth Warren.”

Mid-question, Timothy Lange cut me off to ask me to identify myself. After I had finished asking my question, as the crowd began to shout me down, one of the people in the audience said, “she must be with Breitbart.”

A Daily Kos photographer rushed from the back of the room and began taking pictures of my face from three feet away. The woman from Daily Kos refused to tell me who she was affiliated with when I asked her. She said “i’m here for myself.” See the Daily Kos photographer’s post about me here:

This woman just trolled the Native American Caucus, shooting video while trying to provoke material she could use to embarrass Elizabeth Warren, presumably on behalf of Scott Brown.  (I doubt she’s connected to his campaign.  I presume she admires Breitbart.)

Take a good look at this picture, especially if you’re at NN in Providence:

She quickly ran out of the room once she got made unwelcome.  Well, and right after I took this picture.  Dopper ran after her, trying to get more info.  I got the best picture of her, thus this diary.

And, please, people – don’t talk to her.  Don’t give her anything she could manipulate or use in any way!!!

Comments

creeper in reply to myiq2xu. | June 7, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Would that Warren could do the same…apologize, not die.

Milhouse in reply to creeper. | June 8, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Breitbart’s last tweet did indeed end with the words “I apologize”. The full text, however, makes it clear what sort of apology it was: “I called you a putz cause I thought you werebeing intentionally disingenuous. If not I apologize.” This was directed to a leftist penis (and I do not apologize) who had accused James O’Keefe of attempting to commit a felony.

WarEagle82 | June 7, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Unbelievable if it weren’t completely predictable from these clowns.

“I don’t want to know the ‘truth’ assuming ‘truth’ exists, and if it does, I won’t let it influence my beliefs, you racist pig!

Hepcat | June 7, 2012 at 11:30 pm

It’s all about ideology. A leftist can claim they’re anything. No proof is needed.

If you’re not from the left, or challenge what a leftist says, no proof is sufficient.

We’ve just seen a perfect example.

Alan Kellogg | June 8, 2012 at 12:18 am

Have you ever noticed how racist this claim that only American Indians can be Native Americans is? I am not an American Indian, I have no American Indian ancestry that I know of. I was born in this land and I am a Native American. You don’t like it you can hide out in the boonies and avoid reality.

TrooperJohnSmith in reply to Alan Kellogg. | June 8, 2012 at 12:58 am

No Indian calls himself/herself ‘Native American,’ unless they’re shillin’ for the Dash-D’s. In fact, this alone validates that Lizzie Warren is a fraud, just pretending for to come from poor and aggrieved minority stock. Her audience, a cabal of northeastern, Lefty academics, are willing to bless her pedigree and allow her little blonde/blue self into their rarefied world as an accepted and acceptable token minority. Otherwise, Ms. Warren would have to admit she’s just a po’ white woman from Oklahoma who has done pretty well for herself, but then we both know those types of pedigrees are beneath the dignity of those same culturally pure Hah’vad snobs.

Elizabeth, you’re Indian! There are hundreds of million ‘Native Americans’. You cannot be both PC and Indian.

TeaPartyPatriot4ever | June 8, 2012 at 12:20 am

The left only exposes their won hypocrisy and ideological bias when they refuse to acknowledge the truth as it is factual reality. But this is not knew, because like I have stated many time before, liberals cannot beat you on the truth, so they make the truth subjective by lying over and over again, and defending the lie to make the perception that what they say is real and good, when it is in fact wrong, a lie, and bad.

Amazing, but like I said, it’s a waste to time to use reason and logic against them, and thus a waste of time to argue with them, just defeat them. Stupidity and insanity are not to be given a debate priority and consideration.