Hillary brand renovation formula officially established

Hillary brand renovation formula officially established

I have documented some of Hillary’s brand renovation exercises over the past year as she seeks to distance herself from Obama, whose “hope and change” polish has tarnished quite quickly over the past few months. It seems the more his brand falters, the more we see of Hillary.

At the swearing-in ceremony for Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs, Michael Hammer, Hillary took the opportunity to break out her now-signature recipe for cool: self-deprecation, zany fun, and sunglasses (see Texts from Hillary). Watch for yourself:

As ABC reports,

Clinton then turned to Hammer’s wife and daughters  and said that since they were all in purple, she needed to be “appropriately attired” as well.  The secretary of state proceeded to put on purple mardi gras beads and what she called her “piece de resistance,” wing-tipped purple and green sunglasses.

As Obama’s recent assertion of Executive Privilege, brilliantly captured by Jon Stewart, hammers one more nail in the ho-hum “just like all the rest after all” coffin, Hillary continues to break out of the establishment mold. Where is she headed?

Comments

Henry Hawkins | June 22, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Well, I think Hilary is hot. Not Janet Reno hot, but hot.

Anchovy in reply to Henry Hawkins. | June 22, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Yeah… and she is at that point in life where she is not going to insist that someone else pay for her birth control. A real plus.

Sometimes I can’t really blame Bill for his, well…. you know, Lewinskyish adventures. Wouldn’t you?

OcTEApi | June 22, 2012 at 4:34 pm

She pumped over $125 million taxpayer dollars into her husbands Global crook stove scam…
    She should in jail.

nomadic100 | June 22, 2012 at 5:16 pm

I concur with Jim above. The State Department has to provide a waiver to permit the administration to walk, er, “export” firearms to another country, e.g., Mexico. Hillary’s name will surface in the DOJ/DEA/ATFE records when Issa gets hold of them and Hillary better hope the records showed she denied the waiver. F&F has enough megatonnage that it might well devastate the Democrats for years.

myiq2xu | June 22, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Hillary is the honey badger.

Honey badger don’t give a shit.

I find it amusing all the hate against Hillary, when many former Hillary supporters like me, while we may not support Hillary anymore, certainly find it interesting that conservatives have no clue how many Hillary, conservative dems (not many exist in the party now anyways) actually support the tea party and plan to campaign to oust Obama in november.

But please, by all means call her a b*tch and all sorts of other nasty things, maybe even call her former supporters that as well….she can and should be like anyone other person in power be critized for any wrong doing etc as SOS, and even before, but really the sexist attacks???

jimg in reply to alex. | June 22, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Take your lecture and stick it, Alex.

Far too many of us remember the eight years this witch inhabited the White House, the things she did and the demonizing she did to those who disagreed with her.

Just because you may support her over Obama won’t curry you any favor here.

alex in reply to jimg. | June 22, 2012 at 8:01 pm

For the record I did vote for Hillary, but then I campaigned and voted for Mccain/Palin and I even campaigned and donated to many tea party limited govt conservatives in 2010. I not a dem anymore, but a registered independent.

Please by all means attack me, call me a b*tch, and everything else that the lunatic dems called Palin.

All you people are the same, don’t like a woman does, instead on critizing her on policy, corruption,etc, which is all fair game, you people on both sides critize women on their gender.

Wonder if I should even bother donating to women like Mia Love, even while I don’t agree with her on everything 100% I respect her as a strong competent woman; I’m sure that in conservative’s book would label me a “b*tch” for not adhering 100% to a conservative’s views.