Emergency Broadcast System activated – #FreeSGLawrence

Emergency Broadcast System activated – #FreeSGLawrence

Friend of the blog @SGLawrence had her Twitter account mysteriously suspended last night.

She has been very active tweeting conservative messages (including many LI posts) and engaging with “others with opposing views” on Twitter.

We can’t be sure why her account was suspended, but it fits the pattern of #TwitterGulag which many conservatives on Twitter have experienced recently.

More on this phenomenon at Twitchy (also here and here).

So please send the Tweet through the Broadcast Alert box at the top of the sidebar.

Background on how the Broadcast Alert works is here.

Tags:

Comments

Doug Wright | June 12, 2012 at 9:46 pm

So, how many boards did you wire up for the tabulating machine? Or, had to redo that program cuz it was too big and had to change it to use overlays? Ah, those were the days and I’m glad they’re gone, in some ways. 😉

ALman in reply to Doug Wright. | June 12, 2012 at 10:42 pm

I was an EAM (Electronic Accounting Machine) operator. The wiring (programming) of the boards was done by someone else. I ran the IBM 407, a sorter, a collator, a reproducer/gangpunch, and a keypunch used as a summary punch. Primarily, I was a computer operator on the IBM 360/370 series before progressing to programming and eventually a systems analyst. While working in this field, I first became of federal practices and waste. The technology has, of course, changed. Unfortunately, governmental waste has not.

SGLawrence | June 13, 2012 at 8:01 am

Thank you so much to everyone participating in the Emergency Broadcast System on my behalf! I’m still in Twitter’s Siberian Gulag but will duly thank everyone if I ever get back on Twitter.

persecutor | June 13, 2012 at 8:05 am

Day 2; done.

DocWahala | June 13, 2012 at 8:36 am

LAUGH

I finally broke down and set up a twitter account.

…. First shot into the dark…. Free sglawrence

Good for you! And I see that I got the honour of being your first follower 🙂

ALman in reply to DocWahala. | June 13, 2012 at 1:50 pm

My, my, the world is changing. It used to be they said, “You are what you eat.” And, what you ate was known, mostly, to your family, relatives, and friends.

After having read some of the Tweeter info, I see now “You are what you tweet.” And, . . . And, the whole world knows.

Good luck with your “tweeting.” I think I’ll stick with a-postin’ and a-mailin’, at least for now.

SGLawrence | June 13, 2012 at 9:20 am

I’ve temporarily set up shop as @dontPOTB (which stands for Don’t Pee Outside the Box). For an explication of what I mean by “Peeing Outside the Box,” slog through S.G. Lawrence’s interview of “Rush Limbaugh” explaining, with his cat Punkin’s urinary tract infections, what’s wrong with Obama and the Left. Thank you everyone and Professor Jacobson.

Peeing Outside the Box: A Washington Fancy Interview With Rush Limbaugh

Doug Wright in reply to SGLawrence. | June 13, 2012 at 9:47 am

Trying to “follow” @dontPOTB but can’t find that handle! Will try again later, after the rush tapers off! 🙂

Like the “Voldemort Delenda Est !” idea of Sandy’s.