Via Michelle Malkin, Twitchy.com joins Rush Limbaugh advertisers:
I’m putting my money where my conservative, free-market principles are.
A snippet: “As a small business owner, defender of capitalism, and advocate of free speech, I am putting my money where my conservative, free-market principles are. TWITCHY.COM is proud to join companies across the country that advertise with talk show giant Rush Limbaugh and his Excellence In Broadcasting network. Today, we will begin running ads on the RushLimbaugh.com website.”
- Mother Jones writer Kevin Drum worried (but still supports Rush boycott): “Limbaugh is getting what he finally deserves. I couldn’t be happier about it. I just hope that down the road this doesn’t turn into a preemptive boycott of every political gabber out there who has even the smallest chance of ever producing any national blowback.”
- Guardian writer Michael Wolff, The irrelevant Rush Limbaugh boycott: “There is an argument to make here, and I wish someone would make it, about the terrible precedent of encouraging advertisers to stampede away from controversial and ornery speech. They are skittish enough, and every instance of an advertising boycott encourages them more and makes so many of us in this business – if not Rush Limbaugh – censor ourselves.”
- What does it say when “reporters” are more rabid than the people about whom they are reporting? Politico Reporter Smears: Limbaugh Is Like the ‘Serial Murderer’ With ‘Bodies in the Trunk’.
- Unrelated but very related, David Axelrod bails on Bill Maher.
- In case you were wondering, Bill Maher is the beginning, not the end, of the counter-offensive, Chris Rock Attacks Conservative Author Over Tea Party Question.
- This guy still is on MSNBC, Al Sharpton Trashing ‘Homos,’ ‘Chinamen,’ ‘Crackers’ (video here, language warning)
- Bozell Letter to MSNBC President: Fire Ed Schultz Or You Are a Complete Hypocrite…. wait for it … Brent Bozell’s Profile in Cowardice on Rush Limbaugh.
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.