Open

Open

The Wisconsin recall effort against Scott Walker gets started in three weeks, and guess what, Dems may go after more Republican state senator!  The punchy Director of Communications of the WI Democratic Party is quite excited.

There was a massive earthquake in Turkey, with as many as 1000 possibly dead.  Israel has offered help, let’s see if Turkey accepts it.

Cain v. Perry; rumor is that Cain is target no. 1 for the Perry campaign, I guess the theory being that there can only be one not-Romney contender.  If they start going after each other, Newt benefits.

What else?

Update: Steve Forbes endorses Rick Perry.  Is this news?  I thought this already had happened, but maybe not in a formal way:

Comments

Ohio needs some serious attention. Issue 2, which is to uphold or repeal SB 5, is on the ballet this November. It’s Ohio’s collective bargaining law, and it’s not looking good. There’s ads all around the state about “standing with firefighters.” Polls are showing that repeal is imminent, but I am hoping there is a silent (politically incorrect) majority who will see this through. There is a debate this Tuesday on local news. We are so worried about the fallout in Wisconsin that there is not enough people noticing the more pressing battle in Ohio.

Deekaman | October 23, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Here in Wisconsin, many of us are watching Ohio very closely. If the bad guys can pull it off in Ohio, they may have the momentum to pull it off here. I am very worried.

This whole idea of recalling elected officials because you don’t like their policies is a very ugly can of worms to open.

It is also part of the plan of the Left. They are in full on attack mode right now and expect it to continue. They are relentless.

LukeHandCool | October 23, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Visited Occupy LA today.

Star Wars bar scene.

One guy tried to bum money off me … another approached me and struck up a conversation and was quite amiable until I told him I was a Republican … at which point he became rather surly. Really creepy atmosphere. Gave me the willies.

LukeHandCool (who felt exceedingly clean, sane, and well-adjusted by comparison).

Owen J in reply to LukeHandCool. | October 24, 2011 at 1:28 am

You are a brave man. I salute you.

I did get a call about OWS in my town today: one guy standing next to the downtown Wells Fargo branch, holding a sign in each hand. Guess his buddy didn’t show up.

Owen (who is avoiding Occupy Oakland like the plague)

LukeHandCool in reply to Owen J. | October 24, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Yeah, Occupy LA was a bit on the sparse side, too. They do make a lot of noise, though. From the drums to the creepy repeating in unison whatever drivel the speaker says.

I would encourage average Americans to see for themselves how much the occupy events are like tea parties as MSM journalists are pretending.

Go to one of these gatherings looking normal and being honest about your opinions if asked … and see how welcome/safe you feel.

Liberty | October 24, 2011 at 7:33 am

Nice try Forbes, but your endorsement, in my world, just confirms to me that I have made the correct decision in opposing Perry. For the life of me, I just don’t understand what is such the attraction of this man. A former Demonrat who once gave Gore his endorsement and who has no problem using the power of government to “help” young girls participate in a government health initiative. No thanks Stevie! I am still sticking with Cain and a Cain/Gingrich ticket is beginning to look real, real good the longer this primary season goes on. My only disappointment with the primary season thus far is that I wish Bachmann could have kept her momentum going following her strong showing in Iowa.

retire05 in reply to Liberty. | October 24, 2011 at 10:03 am

“A former Democrat who once gave Gore his endorsement”

Not withstanding the fact that Ronald Reagan was once a Democrat (for longer than Perry was) I am sure you can provide us with links to articles where Perry was quoted giving Al Gore his endorsement. Since I have lived in Texas the entire time Rick Perry has held public office, and have never seen such an article, I would be interested in reading them.

“and who has no problem using the power of the government to “help” young girls participate in a government health initiative.”

Would you be talking about Rick Perry, or Michele Bachmannn who was a state representative when Minnesota passed the “no opt-out” mandate for the vaccine for Hepititus B? Oh, you don’t know about the Hep B vaccine? Well, it is required in Minnesota for kids to enter school. Hep B is basically a s*xually transmitted disease, and unlike measels, not contracted by casual contact. And ironically, the Hep B vaccine, according to records of the CDC, has a higher rate of adverse side effects than Gardasil does. Fancy that.

Or maybe you are unaware that Perry’s EO, which did offer a simply opt-out for parents (the form was to be put on-line) was to force insurance companies to pay the almost $400 in cost for the three shot series? That would be unlike the Palin initiative which laid the burden on taxpayers in ALL 50 states:

June 4, 2007

(Juneau, Alaska) The Alaska Department of Health and Social Services announced today that an increase in federal funding will make it possible for ALL Alaska girls ages 9 through 18 to receive Gardasil, the vaccine to prevent cervical cancer, AT NO COST.”

Unlike Alaska, which used federal taxpayer dollars to provide the vaccine, the Texas “health initiative” placed the burden of cost on insurance companies.

You are certainly free to support whatever candidate you choose, you are not entitled to your own twist of the facts. As conservatives, one of our biggest complaints about Obama has been that he had no record to run on (in 2008) yet people placed their hope on him anyway. Seems you are doing the same, only this time on a guy who has an (R) behind his name.

BarbaraS | October 24, 2011 at 11:25 am

That’s my problem with Cain. He talks a good talk…until lately, that is. He has no record except what he says he will do. We elected an unknown in 2008 and that was a disaster. Let’s not do it again. As I have said before politicians will tell you whatever you want to hear. Vote for the candidate’s record. If he/she doesn’t have one, don’t vote for them.

I have read posters saying Hepatitis B is a sexually transmitted disease. It is that but it is also a blood and bodily fluid transmitted disease. I haveno idea why Minnesota would reqire these shots for all school children. It is not likely that these children would come up against someone with Hepatitis B in the classroom.