Barack Obama is on his apology tour of Europe. There is hardly anyone to whom he hasn’t apologized for American arrogance and mistakes. One thing Obama hasn’t managed to do is ask the Europeans to apologize to us for:
- Two World Wars which resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans, who had to liberate Europe from itself.
- Colonialism in the Middle East which resulted in absurd and artificially drawn state borders, leading to generations of ethnic/religious conflicts which we had have to deal with in places such as Iraq, Syria, Jordan and Israel.
- Colonialism in Africa which resulted in absurd and artificially drawn state borders, leading to generations of ethnic/tribal conflicts which we have had to deal with throughout Saharan and sub-Saharan Africa.
- Colonialism in Southwest Asia which resulted in absurd and artificially drawn borders, leading to generations of ethnic and religious conflicts which we have had to deal with in places such as Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Colonialism in Southeast Asia, which we have had to deal with in places such as Vietnam.
- Refusal to defend themselves from communist aggression (with a small number of exceptions) putting the burden on us to station tens of thousands of troops in Europe for several decades, at a cost in the hundreds of billions of dollars.
- Undermining our position in the world at every opportunity (France) just for sport.
And we could go on and on. The history of the last 100 years is the history of the United States having to clean up Europe’s mess and to deal with Europe’s ego. So if there are to be apologies, they should travel from East to West, not the other way around.
Question: How many Europeans have died defending us?
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.